What Should've Been Done

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DIAMONDS_PvP, 14 April 2017.

1. DIAMONDS_PvP

DIAMONDS_PvP Helper Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +362 / 37
    [If You're not prone to taking or reading criticism then leave this thread now. I don't want little snowflakes telling me to "leave" if I don't enjoy the server or even show 1 sign of disrespect.]

(Quick Edit: Image Links broken, posted original ones, and accidentally uploaded one of the screenshot files)

Oh yes another rant/KeomaTM thread where I shed my emotions and crap. Well not really emotions or opinions bust some will be opinions that could be taken into consideration but not really. You're choice staff not mine because it is your server, not mine. Oh yea, before you start reading. Remember this thread is coming from someone who has been playing since 2013 and has been fired from staff lmao for some hypocritical reasons that could've tooken a different/lighter turn and has done a crap ton stuff that should've lead to my ban ages ago. I'll name them later on in the thread, but this thread is mostly about some arguments that I would at least like to talk about and hopefully to receive some answers for, because some of them are very urgent which is the cause that leave hc on how it is right now. I'll start of the with the common ones first:

HC 1.8.x-1.11 Multi-Version Support:

Honestly, why isn't hollandcraft multi-version? I for sure know that the server really does want to see an upgrade in plugins and sooner or later the support for 1.8 plugins will get dropped. But that is most likely not even close to this very day. 1.8 gamemodes seem more suitable for players that like the version and the pvp.(Especially the PvP) But on here, setting up a multi-version server was not taken into consideration for I have no idea what so reasons. Rarely I see a few jokes pop up on how some players can't even run 1.9+ version and are mocked for it for their "low end pcs/laptops". Why doesn't staff recognize this as a problem? Players who are wanting to join the server or even load the game should be a situation that should be looked into. Having a server that is supportable for those who can't even join or load Minecraft in higher versions. And the more higher the version, the more harder it is to support for some amount of players. Plus most 1.11+ features have been useless that aren't really necessary or that really "game changing" in my opinion. Staying on a Multi-Version for 1.8+ isn't really considerably bad in my opinion. Look at many big name servers, it isn't because they have "big" for a very long time. One aspect is that because they're are Multi-Version, people can join with the version they're accustomed with and can support on their pc, this really is something that should've been looked into when HC flipped the switch and went into 1.10.

Map Production / Speed of releasing gamemodes.

Being frowned upon while mentioning this crap to staff and saying that gamemode production is very slow. Their common argument is that they're are busy, yes it is true that everyone has a busy/more important life outside of the server. Staff that build gamemodes or even start them is surely slow. And not because they're doing a job terribly or just them being super slow. It's because they're doing something that isn't designated for that job or for them. I'm not saying that a staff member isn't capable of building a gamemode or the structures for one, I am saying that is job meant for someone else. That is why there should be builders in hollandcraft to speed up production of gamemodes. Because honestly, the current staff building the gamemodes isn't something meant for them. Whatever happened to rick4949 and superyari? Great builders, like the old spawn that came before this one. Was an amazing build, it is why while you have builders building the map and other staff looking for plugins that they can test while building= Faster Production. Most likely this won't even happen so Ill end this one here.

Gamemode Sizes / Gamemode Value

Honestly the building value for now some of the gamemodes has severely dropped. A big example being skywars in which it was made way over complicated and looked as of the hub of skywars was just copied from the original Overall server hub. And releasing spoilers of gamemodes in any form of Shaders mod doesn't mean it will look the same upon joining. Most likely a way to grab peoples attention especially if a build looks bad.:
    sorry lastyoda lmao.
    [​IMG]
    http://prnt.sc/ew6ye8
    [​IMG]
    http://prnt.sc/ew6xn6

It would be better if you were to build something great and post with no Brightness set on Moody and without any texture packs so we can see what is to be expected and impressable. Not only is this the problem, but as said about the skywars hub. Many of the arcade mini-games hub have the same identical hub. Why is that? It gave me an idea that staff seemed to be lazy. (Remember I said Idea) But as of the "Gamemode Sizes" part of this, this mostly concerns Factions and Survival, considerably them being the most smallest worlds on hc. Their world sizes are way way considerably low, almost 400 Chunks on factions is like an easy walk to get to. It should at least be expanded to 1000-3000 Chunks of space on all Overworld, Nether, and Ender worlds alike. Same with survival, room and resources are running out fast with low amount of coordinates that was set. Please consider expanding it because people don't just want a 5 minute walk then know its the edge of the world, people want more than the cheap amount that is given.(The sizes are probably adjusted so its easier to maintain and to pay for)

Side Note (Opinion Based Comment):
    For a server that has really dropped in count of players, sure for a owner knows how to manage a server damn well. But as Michel said, "... if we had the network and skills we have now, back then there would probably be many more players online.".
    Okay you have those management skills now, but the lack of players is gone now. The only players who are still playing are the dedicated ones that came before the "Hollandcraft Next" update. Hollandcraft isn't grabbing the attention of new players because it looks immensely vague, stale, and ordinary. What happened to that feeling of wanting to come back to hc? I am sick of seeing the same hypocritical, arrogant, contradicting, and censoring excuses that come from many staff members alike when I give one piece of critcism or even advice. Many are afraid to speak up because we know an argument can take 2 directions. Argued, or Banned. Know and accept your mistakes rather than denouncing what you don't like to hear. Because these mistakes are coming back to bit you at an alarming rate @MichelDeStar

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: 14 April 2017
  2. flip35

flip35 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +28 / 7
    When I left HC in april 2015 this is exactly what I thought, I even was making these rants at least a half year before I left the server.

The reason I stayed at the server is because it was well... FUN, this is exactly what they removed from the server. The best momets I had with HC is when the server was broken. The two best moments I had from the top of my head were:
    - getting a plot miles away from the LOBBY SERVER and later getting a small flood that michel created
    - all servers being down, however because of some strange bug I ended up in the end (which was disabled at the moment). I tpa'd everyone to the end that logged in that morning and we had a fistfight and some other cool shit happened. (we also later discovered when all servers were finished that this end server was connected with the inventory of creativemode, which I also messed around with later).

Do these things still happen?, of course not....

Another big thing that turned me down - like this posts said, the staff was starting to become absolutely ridiculous. I got banned from the server not once, twice but FIVE TIMES because the staff just didn't feel like testing out my machine...

The staff said that I shouldn't use autoredstone because that would lag the server. So I decided to make a machine that would blink and stop blinking after 5 minutes. HOWEVER, the staff didn't test it out even ONCE and didn't give me a time ever since, the best part is after I got banned (1-2 months later) I decided to ask a staff to check out the SAME MACHINE but easier to see what's going on and the staff just said 'looks okay to me'. Talk about hypocritical...

Another big thing that certainly just ruined the server was that it tried to be just like all the other big servers, having no identity and being just another generic minecraft server. If the staff tried to keep this server unique the server would certainly still be alive and well today. This also correlates to the point I made earlier - the unique experiences are what a server makes unique...

Also, can't complain about the other points you made, but I have nothing to add to those (since I left before those things began to gain shape)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Lastyoda

Lastyoda Member Registered

Ratings:
    +133 / 18
    I can't read anything about the size or value? You just say, like in this part under here, that we need builders? That's a thing that Michel doesn't want because all builders we had caused problems. (Just like you did ly <3)
    So you're saying that building a map quicker will make a gamemode be released quicker? Nah mate, the configuring of all the plugins takes time...
    This is possible, if you want to lose all the 1.9 - 1.11.x features... So that won't help because people will be people and nag about the server being "outdated"
    You were just a realy bad staff member...

K bai

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • RIP RIP x 1
  4. Martijnde_B

Martijnde_B New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    true

5. Martijnde_B

Martijnde_B New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
  6. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    About multiversion, It is intended for gamemodes like Skywars, eggwars, pvp based gm's. Not skyblock etc and people do not mind losing those 1.9+ things in those. I do not know how factions can be, but everyone wants 1.8 pvp right about now and having multiversion is the key to more players.

Right now as us, the public wants is this basically. Such a thing could bring back gamemodes that cannot be in updated versions. Maybe even eftb but with multiversion?

Finally, we are not talking about all the gamemodes being stuck on 1.8. Survival, skyblock, creative can be on 1.11+ because those new features are something in those gamemodes, i do not know about factions still though.

Last edited: 15 April 2017
  7. Lastyoda

Ratings:
    +133 / 18
    That's impossible for use to do... Because if we have 1.11 lobbies you can't join 1.8 servers, if we have 1.8 lobbies you haven't got the features that 1.11 has

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    If you have 1.8 lobbies, and its multiversion, we can join into that lobby with 1.8+, thus making anyone go into those little 1.8 multiversion minigames/gamemodes. Also which features are you talking about that 1.11 has? Because these 1.11 things are little changes that mc has, nobody minds them not being in those 1.8 lobbies. Its all about having 1.8 pvp, the fun experience in the gamemodes.
    1.9+ things matter in gamemodes like skyblock and survival.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DIAMONDS_PvP

Ratings:
    +362 / 37
    I am very sorry Me, MineyShadow, xanbot, minehugo_, and mhogen where rebuilding the map from videos off of youtube and old screenshots and Michel didn't believe us or staff so he got suspicious of staff giving us a world/schematic to rebuild the map. And swore like hell to you staff and didn't even believe me of his hypocrite like behavior. And only believed us when he found 2-4 mistakes on the rebuild. Then after believing you staff of telling the truth that I was rebuilding it. Not only that, I did say in the beginning I was going to be normal self, not a fabricated staff who hides behind the ingame tag of staff.
    Its basic logic ffs.
    Talk with facts not opinion, because this is what causes problems in any case of an argument. Also like I said, there is barely any game changing feature 1.9+ excluding the pvp, so not many people would even bother.
    ikr ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10. Lastyoda

Ratings:
    +133 / 18
    It is incorrect xD

11. MichelDeStar

MichelDeStar Founder Staff Member Founder Owner

Ratings:
    +443 / 19
    How about some version dependent plugins, like for example an anti-cheat plugin, and the fact that you no longer will receive support for your spigot version?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DIAMONDS_PvP

Ratings:
    +362 / 37
    There is many other anti-cheats that are ViaVersion. Tho it is hell to get all the worlds/plugins working again. But still, you can always update spigot plugins. Idk what kind of excuse is that. @MichelDeStar