Important Viri ergo fecimus

Discussion in 'News' started by MichelDeStar, 21 August 2019.

1. vosje2

vosje2 Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +86 / 1
    I'm sorry for drifting off from the main topic of this discussion, but I just wanted to say that I know you are GoddessAnda and you kinda make yourself look like a clown by defending "her" as if she is a non-existing player who you don't even know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Lava_Ingot

Lava_Ingot Member Registered

Ratings:
    +20 / 8
    Bruh, if you're playing a game and not paying for it, you're pirating the game. It is Mojang's intellectual property; if you're playing Minecraft without paying for it. I also find it quite odd some people have ranks, but not premium Minecraft; you're willing to donate 20€ to us, but not to Mojang whose employees work hard to keep updating Minecraft and keep out the bugs, seems kinda weird, doesn't it?

We mentioned the poll a lot while online and even send those who asked for it a discord invite, we did everything we could to get as many as possible to vote on the poll. In the end, premium won over 71% of the voters. We still encourage every player to sign up to the forum and to join our discord. If a player chooses not to, it's their call, not ours.

While we did announce this (via this thread) and discord, it's true that we maybe should announce it in the server as well, since not all players are joined on either.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • RIP RIP x 1
  3. Born2BeAPotato

Born2BeAPotato Developer Staff Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    minecraft is even €25

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. det483

det483 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +43 / 23
    What about hollandcraft violating the EULA? For the time being, I think you sound fairly hypocrite since you have been a staff member on a server which violiates the EULA of mojang. I suppose you will comply to the EULA in the upcoming release, otherwise it seems like you have double standards...

5. Craizer

Craizer New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's quite hypocrite. This server exists for I don't know how many years and supports cracked. It also allows people to buy stuff in the store without having a premium account, even though it is possible to disable this feature in the store software you are using. The store you have does not comply to Mojang's EULA as @det483 points out above and is therefore "illegal", it wouldn't be the first time Mojang closes a server because of this. And after all this you are blaming the player for not owning a premium account and not supporting Mojang....

Btw, it seems like the store is even still open, with the possibility for cracked players to buy stuff. Are you going to refund them if the server goes premium or is that also their own fault for not supporting Mojang?

EDIT; Since you also do not support name changes you don't even appropriately support Minecraft premium.

Last edited: 26 September 2019
  6. Lava_Ingot

Ratings:
    +20 / 8
    Well, the very reason we don't support name changes is because we can't. Not in offline mode anyway. In offline mode, a player UUID is generated by the player's username. Therefore we cannot know if a player has changed their name. In online mode on the other hand, the UUID is received from Mojang and it's unique for every player.

As Luuk pointed out, we always have allowed cracked Minecraft players to join, but we decided we have to evolve as a server and you still cannot go around the fact that most players voted to go full premium.

About supporting cracked in the store, why would we, for god's holy sake, not allow cracked players to donate while allowing them to join, the only thing I said was that I find it quite odd. And yeah, they can go and donate still, but that would be quite stupid as a cracked player. We won't refund ranks etc for cracked players as that probably wouldn't be in our budget...

Wait a minute, when did I blame people for not supporting Mojang? I ONLY said it's a bit odd if you're willing to donate 20, wrm 25€ to us, but not to Mojang.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It was still 20€ when I bought it :p.

I just looked through it and can't really find how we'd violate it. Can you give me an example so I can fix that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Owner Staff Member Owner Veteran

Ratings:
    +249 / 18
    Good observation, the conversion to premium is happening next week.

8. cathy_nl

cathy_nl New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Oh wow nice changes! :) I wish you all good luck with it. And does Hollandcraft stay the same? Or another server name?

9. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Owner Staff Member Owner Veteran

Ratings:
    +249 / 18
    Hey Cathy, good to see you again. The server will still be called Hollancraft and the IP will be the same.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InsanityYT

InsanityYT Member Registered

Ratings:
    +6 / 5
    Evolving a server isn't nice when there is no justice for cracked players who play here for most of their time, and I've noticed that most of the cracked players are ranked which means they supported it by donating funds to help the server not to die when the playerbase got down (until now), and as Luuk pointed out that statement only means that this server has unequal treatment when the NEW OWNERS come.

They donate to support your server, and now staffmembers doesn't have consideration or alternative plan for them. If refunding ranks for cracked players wouldn't be in your budget, maybe make an alternative plan for them, because it is clearly stated on the store that the rank is lifetime.

Maybe @Craizer wanted to point out that you have no rights to control how the people will do with their money, and just thanks them for having your server alive when it's obviously dying.

Interesting.

11. cathy_nl

cathy_nl New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I've got another server where I play too much, but I will stop by sometime! But good to see hollandcraft still exist :)

12. MichelDeStar

MichelDeStar Founder Staff Member Founder Owner

Ratings:
    +454 / 20
    It's interesting to see that whenever we release a new update there will always be complains about everything by the same people, it doesn't matter what we do, it happens.

You guys are never online on the server and somehow you're still behaving like a bunch of petulant children. We're trying to move forward with Hollandcraft. I try to do my best to keep some people still working on the server, they are not responsible for the uptime of the server, I'm the one paying and taking the risk for keeping the server online in the hope it will become back online as break-even, the server hasn't been profitable for over 2 years now. What would happen if I decide to just shut the server down? With just a message on it stating: "Sorry, we cant pay for the server anymore" How would that be accepted?

The community is getting saltier and saltier, and this is mostly the people that are only online on the site. The ones enjoying the server are mostly found in our Discord where there isn't that high level of saltiness. This level of salt is getting so high that it's a reason for me to overthink the fact that why should I the one be paying for the server? In such a way there might become a day that I'll quit, who will take it over? Will someone take it over? What happens to the ranks? Well, read the terms and conditions which haven't changed since day 1 of Hollandcraft.

"There is no guarantee on being able to enter this server, and if the server is no longer operated the virtual items are forfeit."
    The line above is the one you all agreed on while donating for a rank on Hollandcraft, but I try to keep the server online with my best effort, and couldn't without the help of my staffteam due to a lack of time, however the only thing we will receive is a shitload of negativity.

And the fact that we are moving over to premium, because oh well, why not? It supports name changes, it has a higher level of security and we no longer need to login. The cracked players who donated for the server? We offer that when a cracked players buys premium gets his items back.
    It will also be a relief to finally be lost of all the duplicated accounts which you have had, many times. Maybe the community will get better, maybe...

• Respect Respect x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. xanbot_

xanbot_ Member Registered

Ratings:
    +64 / 20
    well, after a long time this server is finally doing something huge to improve itself and i support it in the process. I am a cracked player with a rank and i really don't mind the server going premium. I knew i was pirating the game which is a violation and i can't complain about buying a rank. Maybe you should've properly read the terms and conditions before buying a rank. Also, about the EULA issue, its better to correct a mistake rather than not correcting it. They're going premium now to support mojang and i don't think its a bad thing to do. Of course its sad for the cracked players but that doesn't justify you pirating minecraft. I would buy Minecraft if I wanted to play on the server and not complain like this. So no one is to blame here. Either support the server as you always did before, or just keep your mouth shut.

also, i wish the server good luck and i hope it does well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: 3 October 2019
  14. det483

det483 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +43 / 23
    The EULA isn't about the server being cracked or premium. The EULA is about selling in-game advantages to players for real currency. Hollandcraft does clearly not comply to the EULA, although @Lava_Ingot doesn't seem to understand it.

15. MichelDeStar

MichelDeStar Founder Staff Member Founder Owner

Ratings:
    +454 / 20
    Interesting to see that the only point you can complain about is about the EULA. The server needs to be paid for and we want the players to give something in return. With only cosmetic features that cannot be done.

Please stop, for once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Lava_Ingot

Ratings:
    +20 / 8
    So would you say access to a specific block in cubecraft hide and seek is not compliant with the EULA?
    When you're donating, it's not that you're giving us money and we give you an advantage. You're donating and in return, we're giving you access a rank according to the size of the donation. The rank just happens to have a permission set which can give an advantage.

EDIT:
    I am litterally asking you why you think we're not EULA-compliant, it seems you're just ignoring this...

• RIP RIP x 1
    Last edited: 6 October 2019
  17. xanbot_

xanbot_ Member Registered

Ratings:
    +64 / 20

Then almost all of the servers are not EULA compliant. How do you think servers maintain themselves if they don't have any source of income? are they going to get money magically? Even servers of some famous Youtubers make money by selling ranks and in-game perks and Mojang knows it very well. I wonder why they don't shut all those servers down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. det483

det483 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +43 / 23
    I am trying to make the point about the EULA because @Lava_Ingot is blaming cracked players for violating the intellectual property of Mojang. Since Hollandcraft is not complying to the EULA, and thus violating the intellectual property of Mojang, it is weird that @Lava_Ingot does not take this into account, which is fairly hypocrite.

However, I fully understand that Hollandcraft is not complying to the EULA since it is clearly too tough to earn enough money to keep the server online by following the EULA. I am only making this point because @Lava_Ingot does not understand that his post is hypocrite.

I really miss the dumb rating.

Last edited: 9 October 2019
  19. Lastyoda

Lastyoda Member Registered

Ratings:
    +134 / 18
    Ook al ben ik nooit meer online, het is mooi om te zien dat er nog zo veel moeite in de server wordt gestoken. Er zijn veel veranderingen geweest zie ik.
    Het is echt ziekteverwekkend hoe mensen hier lopen te zeiken op positieve ontwikkelingen binnen de server. De server had al 3 jaar geleden premium moeten gaan omdat je zag dat grotendeels van de cracked spelers ook hun biezen pakten. Top dat het nu eindelijk zo ver is.
    Als ik ooit een laptop/pc heb zal ik eens langs hoppen.

Ik wens jullie het beste, staff.

Gr jongste HC Admin ooit.

• Funny Funny x 1