Important The future of Factions

Discussion in 'Factions' started by LuukDMM, 11 February 2018.

?

Do you agree with the proposed new rule? Please see topic below.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +215 / 16
    Dear players,

Over the past 2 years or so, there have been several attempts to give factions a brand new start or a boost. There have been 2 resets, one semi-reset and a few tweaks and modifications. However, everything we tried has failed in the end.

Starting today, I would like to make one final attempt to bring back some of Factions' former glory. However, I need your help!

I want to reach out to older Factions veterans, as well as appeal to new players.
    If you are a Factions player or you want to start playing, but you don't like the way it is, please help me out here.

In the comments of this topic, make a list of features you would like to see added and things you would like to see changed. Add to your reaction 1. why we should add this and 2. if you would start playing again if we changed this. There's no point in making changes if nobody plays anyway.

I also would like to propose a new rule:

The number of claims directly adjacent to spawn a faction can have will be limited to 6 chunks.

Please vote in the poll at the top.

I would really love to see factions revive again, so be sure to leave your suggestions in the comments below!

Cheers,

LuukDMM

2. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    I like the rule, with many factions getting a chance to get near-spawn claims, there will be competition and more fun.

For factions, i really don't have good ideas, i feel like going into 1.9+ ruined many things, and i don't mind staying on 1.8 or something. i am looking at a different type for factions such as Hardcore factions which seems to be appealing.

3. LuukDMM

Ratings:
    +215 / 16
    The PvP is now back to 1.8 tho.

4. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    I'm not referring to the PvP part boi.

5. zandschepje

zandschepje Member Registered

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET
    RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET
    RESET RESET RESET RESET
    RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET RESET

6. 14brammetje14

14brammetje14 New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I think it needs to be easier to raid other factions, I suggest an other faction system with DTR (deaths till raidable). Or make it more like HCF with SOTW, EOTW, KOTH and more of that stuff. Every month the map resets and every player has the same stuff at the start so its quite fair.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LuukDMM

Ratings:
    +215 / 16

8. 14brammetje14

14brammetje14 New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    1. u should add this because it is very populair among the minecraft community, and it could attrac a lot of people to boost the player count on HC.
    2. yes

9. minercraf111

minercraf111 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    Paid claims (idk if it's already there but I'll suggest it) it would be that you need to pay something like 1000$ for a normal claim, 5000$ for a stoled claim and maybe like 50,000$ for a warzone claim. The money will be from the faction bank. 1: more use of money for players and will make players farm to get the wz claims at the beggining instead of only claiming them. 2: yeah, if it's active.

10. 1stienie2

1stienie2 New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +5 / 1
    + HCF would be fun but there rlly need to be players on then,

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    Not every player like that kind of faction tho. I never tried but I think I should start that type on another server just to see. And as you said, it really needs a large player base since if nobody dies because of raids and pvp, the hardcore is there for nothing.

12. Qroqo

Qroqo Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +266 / 15
    In my opinion, the first thing you need for factions is an active player base, who wants a factions server.
    Players (from different factions) who come online daily, and play for a lot.

You should ask if a lot of players want to play factions, and will invite other players to the faction server?
    If most players are not interested in factions, you shouldn't even put work in creating a new one.

Forcing factions upon your players will just end like the last few times: a failure.
    Maybe make a poll in the lobby (if possible?) about what games you should introduce?

(I don't know what the status is on the server, not really active xp)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    There's also a popular feature that can be added called head grinding or head market. It uses spawners to grind mobs that drop heads that you can sell at a shop or with a command. It could help getting players. Good for the economy too (diversity and farming). I won't repeat the '' If it would be added, would I play it'' part.

14. GijssiexD

GijssiexD New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    1. It's just an idea, but what about a relative small mal (border 2500 blocks), that will be reset like every two months or so (not items/currency). This way I feel like there will not really be one faction with too much power, and it will stay attractive for new players to start playing factions since they'll never fall behind too far.
    2. I think I would look into joining a faction with friends again if such an update (or any other interesting update for that matter) would be introduced. I've always quite like factoins and think that with an active playerbase it could be loads of fun to play again.

15. Sgt_Deathreaper

Sgt_Deathreaper New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    maybe add some special ranking system in factions:
    if u have 100hr play time and 100kils you get +2 faction power and a rank name
    if u have 200hr play time and 300kills you get +4 power a rank name and some special sword/bow
    and so on you you need to go and pvp get get items and faction power

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    Having a small border is nice to keep base near the spawn but I think that 2500 is too small. Maybe start at 10,000 and when there will be more players make it bigger!

17. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    All this and 1.13 aquatic update feels near, which changes many things, how would that affect factions I wonder.
    Some faction servers do fine on an older version but I'm not sure about that idea.