Suggestions for Gamemodes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LuisBarretoHD, 28 December 2017.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes, I do.

2. Nah.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LuisBarretoHD

LuisBarretoHD New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello fellow Hollandcraft-ers and staff,
    I made this suggestion forum threat for a reason, and to make it better for people.

The reason is that we only have not much game modes (Factions, SkyWars, EggWars, Creative, Skyblock, Survival, KitPvP, VintagePvP, Prison, and Survival, which all count as 10). Some others got removed (such as Survival Games, Escape from the Beast, and Hide n' Seek, which got replaced by EggWars), some were modified (such as SkyWars, Creative, Skyblock, Prison, etc.), and some that were scrapped (the new SkyWars when the 1.10 update for Hollandcraft was released, which was replaced by the 2015 SkyWars).
    Let's start, shall we?

1 - A Creative/Survival/Skyblock game mode for 1.8-1.10.

I don't feel great being in a creative/survival/skyblock game mode with people who use previous versions when they are more outdated than the current version, which makes issues such as blocks missing, different attributes (such as having a speed stick that speeds you when held in off hand, main hand, in armour slots, which people could, which makes a speed stick that only speeds you when held in main hand not work great with 1.8 players), boats are different in 1.8 than in 1.9 and more recent versions, etc.
    Why not make another creative/survival/skyblock game mode that works well for 1.8 players? This would make the 1.8 creative a Creative Vintage (or creative2), while the current one will be still Creative. The same as Skyblock and Survival.

2 - One in The Chamber
    The reason why I think One in The Chamber should be a thing in the server is because there was a video on a channel in Meo Kanal (before I was in the UK in 2016), made by xicoff, which played some of the game with Saviola313131 (I don't know his username anymore, I think) in a video called "o segundo regresso do xicoff". It is a great bet for PvP, which is fair (since almost everyone uses the same weapons), and it could use great maps. (This is taken from another server, but I think the server got rid of it, I don't know, and sorry)

3 - A parkour game mode.
    Well, if there was a parkour minigame, I could make some maps. A parkour game mode would be useful so players could play parkour maps easily and they could see how much time and tries were needed to complete the map the player completed.

4 - Some removed game modes.
    When I mean removed game modes, I mean the ones I metioned in the reason "Some others got removed (such as Survival Games, Escape from the Beast, and Hide n' Seek, which got replaced by EggWars)", it would be cool if they could return to the server.
    EFTB was a great minigame to play, which involved a group of players had to run from another player which was the Beast. It provided challenge and was great back then, but it unfortunately got removed.
    SG was great too, but like EFTB, it got removed in the update in the server for Minecraft 1.10.
    Unlike SG and EFTB, Hide n' Seek was removed when EggWars was released to the server instead of being removed when SG and EFTB were removed from the server. If you didn't know, if you did /server in VintagePvP, there is a Hide n' Seek option instead of the EggWars option.

5 - Duels.
    It would be a great PvP game mode. It would make a player fighting with each other without a player annoying the two that are busy fighting. It would have maps, kits, etc. Somehow, it would be great for people who like 1v1 PvP.

Here are some of my suggestions. That's all for this thread.

2. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    I'm not sure about your 1st idea but the rest is fine, gamemodes like EFTB can return now due to the way HC allows 1.8-1.12.2, which EFTB can run on 1.9/1.9 while allowing 1.8-1.12.2 like the rest of the servers.

3. GijssiexD

GijssiexD New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    Personally, I don't really like the first suggestion. Most people choose not to upgrade, and they will have to deal with the consequences that come with this decision. What's more: if you downgrade the server right now lots of people will get frustrated at the loss of (for example) concrete blocks.

The suggested gamemodes are fun and all but I don't think HC has enough players at the moment to fill these servers. I also don't think a gamemode like parkour would be very popular, and I think that the other minigame-gamemodes will lose interest quite quickly.

Duel mode is already available in kitPvP (/duel), but these suggestions would be cool add-ons.

4. LuisBarretoHD

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am talking to make a seperate server for Creative, Skyblock and Survival but works better for 1.8 players, not to downgrade every server. I also said to keep the current ones.

Playing in 1.9+ servers in 1.8 has problems, because Mojang changed the AI of the Ender dragon (like replacing the AI into the one that console versions use), armour, swords, and tools were changed (armour nerfed, swords and tools now have a cooldown, etc.). In 1.8, you cannot use offhand slot and doesn't appear nothing in offhand, which means sword blocking may appear as blocking with a shield for non-1.8 players.

The Duel Mode in KitPvP isn't as the same as the Duels, since both players have the same kit.

Also, HC is not popular since barely any Minecraft YouTuber makes videos about it, so a few people just go to the server. Also, the parkour one was inspired from another server, so sorry. Plus, the removed ones could make the server like before its player limit got down to 200.

5. LuisBarretoHD

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

6. bobotje

bobotje Helper Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +22 / 9
    Impossible to do because of the server RAM. Every server needs enough RAM to work. We can't add too many servers.

This minigame is been abandoned by many server so I think it will be a waste of time to make it because not a lot of people would play it.

Last edited: 2 January 2018
  7. Lastyoda

Lastyoda Member Registered

Ratings:
    +131 / 18
    If no server has it this gamemode hc won’t have it either? That’s realy sad... If hc has a gamemode no other server has it’s called originality.
    If hc only copies idea’s from other servers it will become (or actually is rn) one of those hundreds of servers that all look the same and still wondering why they don’t get more players....

Btw you don’t think it will be a waste of time? Little mistake I think

8. bobotje

bobotje Helper Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +22 / 9
    Must've been a typo, I meant that it's a waste of time. The typo was made because I was tired of work.

Why do you think other servers abandoned that gamemode? It didnt get enough players. So if we were to present this gamemode we would only get the same results as those servers. How you think is important but knowing the gamemodes is also important.