News So guys, we did it

Discussion in 'News' started by LuukDMM, 9 October 2019.

1. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Owner Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +245 / 18
    Dearest players,

It’s been one hell of a year so far, especially for me.

This year started out with things going awry in the Staff Team. HCX had been out for a few months, things started to stagnate and the tensions grew ever stronger within the Staff, until I decided to leave over, lets say, creative differences. Over the following months, I had the fantastic opportunity to start a server of my own, which actually ran pretty well. This was also due to the fact that lots of Hollandcraft veterans stuck with me after I fell out with the others. Through tentative negotiations, though, it appeared that not all was as it had seemed when I left, and we soon struck an accord that would allow me to return to Hollandcraft, in a fashion that was accepted by both sides, as well as taking with me some assets from my own server which I had built up over a few months’ time.
    As of late June, I had effectively become one of HC’s three Owners (even though not officially until much later). As a whole, the entire year so far has been very intensive for me when it comes to server development. January and February were relatively quiet, just ironing out some bugs from HCX. Starting in March, though, I began constructing a new server from the ground up, tweaking and tuning everything individually. This was an ever ongoing process, and just when everything was about finished, the HC Accords came through and I had to begin implementing my contributions along with HC’s established continuity into a new server environment. This process finally came to fruition this afternoon, with the release of what I shall tentatively call HCY, with the working title being Project Argus. Now, I know that HCY isn’t perfect. Since we went premium, a lot of things had to be redone. Ranks had to be reimplemented manually. Some plugins are still buggy on 1.14. But, even though another week of finetuning would have been good, we did it. We pulled through and HC is now on the latest awesome Minecraft version, complete with pandas and foxes, and no longer cracked, so instant name changes and instant skin changes are all fully supported.

Now, of course, even though Hollandcraft plays a huge role in my day to day life, it’s not all I do. I recently started studying Italian language at one of the Netherlands’ universities, and there have been some other developments in my personal life which require my undivided attention.

Therefore, I have decided to take a leave of absence, effective immediately, intended to span 2.5 months. This means that I will be off the grid – the HC grid, anyway – until January 1st, 2020. I may come back sooner, but I wouldn’t count on that. This means that until then, I will not be online on the server, I will not be available through Skype and I will not be available through Discord. I can be reached on my phone by the Senior Staff if absolutely necessary, but only if all else fails. This leave of absence is intended to take my mind off of things that aren’t foremost important (even though I greatly value my work here at HC, it’s not integral to my work or education) and focus on the stuff in my life that concerns my future plans. I need some quiet and I’m sure most of you can appreciate that.

This is not goodbye.
    I’m just AFK.
    For 2.5 months.

You guys have been great.
    Whether you’ve been lovely friends or challenging adversaries, it’s been a great journey with you all so far, and I hope to resume it when I get back. In the meantime, knock yourself out with HCY! Survival has gotten the most extensive overhaul since 2016 (new map seed, new spawn, yay!), Skyblock has been reset for stability and improvements (thanks KeomaTM, shitlord), KitPvP is better than ever, Creative is utterly gorgeous this time around and oh yeah, Factions is on the horizon! Enough to go around, don’t you figure?

Keep your eyes open and keep building a better future together.
    See you in 2020.

Your Owner/Admin/Moderator/Helper/Dreamer/Friend/Adventurer/Colleague/#1 Fan,

LuukDMM

• Respect Respect x 2
  2. Timonplaysmc

Timonplaysmc New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Jammer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Paviliox

Paviliox New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    Jammer.

Your Ex-Admin//Moderator/Helper/Dreamer/Friend/Adventurer/Colleague/#1 Fan of Luuk,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. XavegX367

XavegX367 New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jammer.

Your Ex-Helper/Dreamer/Friend/Adventurer/Colleague/Second Fan of Luuk,

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Born2BeAPotato

Born2BeAPotato Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Jammer.

Your Moderator/Builder/Friend/TopDonatorJunJul2017/GoldBoy/H... (you can finish it yourself ;))

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lastyoda

Lastyoda Member Registered

Ratings:
    +134 / 18
    Ik heb dus heel wat gemist hier.

Maar Luuk je blijft altijd een held.

Last edited: 15 October 2019
  7. Qroqo

Qroqo Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +270 / 15