News New: VintagePvP!

Discussion in 'News' started by AndrewRed, Jan 22, 2017.

1. AndrewRed

AndrewRed Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran

Ratings:
    +68 / 3
    Dear players,

Do you remember that old KitPvP map, a very loved map with a spawn in the middle of it, and somewhere in the map a Hollandcraft Pub? You were able to create the kits yourself, you could buy items to improve your kit and create your very own kit and many more features, including the 1.8 PvP combat?

This KitPvP was very loved by a group of people among us, and we wanted to return a favor for our players, so we decided last months to work on this, to bring this gamemode and map back to its old glory, but also with all the new tech of Hollandcraft that everyone is used to!

But we already had an gamemode that's called KitPvP, and therefore conflict with each other. That is why we looked for a good name, but then Luuk came with the idea to name this gamemode to its core: PvP in a retro/vintage style. That's why we decided to call this unique gamemode VintagePvP!

We have transferred a lot of our already known features to VintagePvP, including the Bounty system, CombatLog, Scoreboard, Leaderboards, Interactive Chat and Stats, but we also kept the look and feel of the old VintagePvP by changing almost nothing to the map. We also kept the Hollandcraft Pub, but we changed a few things there, like a whole new control panel for all doors!

In VintagePvP, you don't work with Levels and Scores like in KitPvP, it's all about the kills, deaths and your KDR. For every kill you make, you will receive a Coin. You can use these in the Kit Shop to buy Items and Armor, because every offered kit is free to use for everyone! We did add some donator perks, but the most important one is that VIP+ and higher is able to enter 2 Donator Areas in the Pub. Almost everything else is just like used to, including the 1.8 PvP combat; because what is a vintage version of an older KitPvP without the older style of fighting?

When will this gamemode come online?!
    We are currently working on the minor details to make this gamemode as perfect as possible when releasing, and that's why we decided that this gamemode will be released on Saturday the 28th of January at around 2 PM (14:00 hours) Dutch time (that is GMT+1)! As soon as this gamemode is online, we will post a new post about this.

We also added a preview photo down below. ;)

Best regards,
    Andrew & the Staff team.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. xanbot

xanbot Member Registered

Ratings:
    +61 / 20
    k

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. bobotje

bobotje Helper Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +21 / 9
    If you want 1.9 combat please go to the normal kitpvp in the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bobotje

bobotje Helper Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +21 / 9
    OOOOO love that part of the map, used to hang out there often with other scrubs like me :) :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. minercraf111

minercraf111 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    When I saw the ģ I was like: Yay! They are adding the very old kitpvp with the castle, the witch hut, the big land and lake. But I was wrong xd it's the kitpvp who came after. I liked it even if I didn't played a lot on it (less then the very old one where I played like 40hours on it). I'm happy because it's the place where I could fond hackers since the update!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DIAMONDS_PvP

DIAMONDS_PvP Helper Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +355 / 37
    Hawt, man that looks so cool. Was the original map file found?

7. MichelDeStar

MichelDeStar Founder Staff Member Founder Owner

Ratings:
    +418 / 18
    I have like a million backups from every gamemode since the start of Hollandcraft on my pc it was a search but I found it haha

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. minercraf111

minercraf111 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    do you have the oldest backup of kitpvp xd?

9. DIAMONDS_PvP

Ratings:
    +355 / 37
    Lol nice. No hard feelings about the past lad. Hope to check out when im unbanned tho.

10. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +386 / 31
    get off my lawn Bois.

I was wondering, original pub areas aren't vip-ish, are they?

Looking at that pic preview, my work that i used to do is nothing, impossible, and wotever, just git this gud here.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  11. DIAMONDS_PvP

Ratings:
    +355 / 37
    Only real OG's would know: "wekuswe"

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. KeomaTM

KeomaTM Member Registered

Ratings:
    +55 / 41
    We do remember that old KIT PVP Map.....But the ones who remembers it is long gone 2-6 players on hollandcraft now it cant even reach 50 players a day it used to get 1000 players online a day i remeber when Michel did some giveaways to celebrate 1,000,000 registers etc Hollandcraft WAS the best server me and MontanaT used to only love this server when we got banned we tried other servers but something from hollandcraft was just amazing used to spend nights and nights here but it just all collapsed and before everything failed alot of old royal players from hollandcraft since the start warned hollandcraft server is going backwards i keep an eye on the forums and server now and then everything i load the page i wish to see something great atleast they trying now but its too late you going to need a good staff meeting and decide on something greate! very great an idea.. i wish to see hollandcraft become great again

From other servers i heard some hollandcraft players say Michel is only keeping the server online to make some last money from players to buy stuff he isnt going to worry anymore he will just keep server online intill 0 players online everyday and shut it down he is just getting his last money ---- I hope this is not true make the server great again please!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Respect Respect x 1
  13. DIAMONDS_PvP

Ratings:
    +355 / 37
    I was one of those people who gave warnings. Sometimes no one listens, but all hollandcraft did was try to stay fresh and not outdated, even tho that is what most players wanted.

14. AndrewRed

AndrewRed Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran

Ratings:
    +68 / 3
    Someone sure is salty... Just like me though, but whatever. A few suggestions:
    If you are trying to make someone look bad, at least take the time to look up if you don't have any false information or opinions.
    Oh, and try fixing your grammar and vocab sometimes, you have 12 grammar mistakes at a first glance, try finding all of them!
    Also, if you want to make Michel or the server look bad, don't start an argument with ''Michel is only keeping the server online to make some last money from players'' and then end the conversation with ''I hope this is not true make the server great again, please!''. That is quite conflicting with your own opinion. ;)
    Greetings,
    Your daily reminder of your English teacher.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. MichelDeStar

MichelDeStar Founder Staff Member Founder Owner

Ratings:
    +418 / 18
    It's simple, we just waited too long to update everything, and when we updated we updated to the new combat system, in those 1000 players online there were about 750 in the Skywars servers, on those servers, which costs huge amounts to host to give the players a lag free experience, there was nearly nobody who have bought a rank. This is why we stopped giving attention to this server, and possibly every server, back than I was the only one to maintain everything, and i lacked doing that.

Really? Last 9 months or so there was a loss of money of about 300/400 euro's a month, please don't say stuff like this, it makes no sense. Of course there were days we made some money with the server, but if I spend it all back then, there wouldn't be enough money to keep the server online for the past few months. Also I know there were servers with 800/900 players online at the same time as Hollandcraft did and they made 4 or 5 times as much.

At last I know a guy who already started 2 servers, made some money from it, stopped and is now working on another one, so please, don't say things like this. I'm trying my best, and until the last cent I will do my best to keep the server online.

As I said, back then I was the only one to update the servers. Since the 'Hollandcraft Next' thing we are working with 3/4 people on the servers to provide a as good as possible playing experience. Of course are we working to try get some of it back, and probably be better as back then.

Also, back in the day with 500+ players online, our network and server management was horrible, if we had the network and skills we have now, back then there would probably be many more players online.

At last, nothing lasts forever, but if you fight, you can get it to last longer.

• Respect x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. KeomaTM

KeomaTM Member Registered

Ratings:
    +55 / 41
    Michel i understand you but right now even if you keep updating nothing helps new gamemodes and posts about updating to the oldder version of kit pvp i see everywhere but the server isnt getting better you are saying network management improved etc but clearly what is happening right now doesnt help at all it doesnt get better Michel the server will start costing you money. What idea do you have to improve HC again we can maybe help with your new idea even a fund raising we can do a free donation if you have a great idea to bring HC back but al your new updates ideas doesnt work slowly server is dying so make a topic where you going to tell us what and how you going to do it to make the server great again just think back in the day when hc just started how did you get it to become succesfull do that again ask for our help donations etc ask us to advirtise etc just tell us what we can do to help you bring HC back stay strong Michel we can help you dont give up and also dont disapoint us

17. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +386 / 31
    Have you seen vintage pvp? lel its getting filled too much.

18. ItsNotShame

ItsNotShame New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +4 / 0