KitPvP Stats Reset

Discussion in 'VintagePvP and KitPvP' started by vosje2, 29 October 2017.

?

Do you want a stats reset on KitPvP?

1. Yes, reset them please.

80.0%
  2. No, I don't want to start all over again.

20.0%
  1. vosje2

vosje2 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Dear Players,

As you probably all know by now, the KitPvP server got a revamp. I changed the PvP style to 1.8 PvP and changed a lot of things about the map and the kits with my colleague Martijnpu.
    We noticed that the map was somewhat messy, so we removed a lot of things and restructured it.

My next plan is to give you guys the opportunity to vote for a stats reset. The current stats are from before the update, when the combat system was still 1.9 PvP. Feel free to cast your vote and give me more feedback.

Yours faithfully,
    Vosje2

• Like Like x 2
    • Respect Respect x 1
  2. minercraf111

minercraf111 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    It's a good opportunity for those who died a lot an have a kdr of 0.1 but not for the ones that has a lot of kills.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. GijssiexD

GijssiexD New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    In my opinion, the most rational thing to do is to reset the stats in KitPVP. The current stats display the skill you obtained with 1.9+ PVP, not with 1.8 PVP.

This statement is correct, but a reset of the stats will not affect your skills at PVP. Players with skill will rise to the top again, and people who are not as skilled will probably not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    I disagree because it takes a lot of time to get all those juicy level and kill, I don't wanna start it over again. A lot of work went into it. It's the same thing as doing a big build somewhere then the world or server where you built it is corrupted or it just gets a restart.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GijssiexD

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    Once again, I don't disagree with you. You have worked hard for your stats, and you don't want to lose them. But as I stated before, the stats that people have obtained so far in the KitPvP server are stats that represent the skills that you have mastered in 1.9+ PvP. This is a PvP mechanic that differs from the 1.8 PvP quite a bit. The way you play these two types of mechanics therefore also differ, and renders the stats you have obtained so far not very accurate.

Based on feelings, I think most will agree that they don't want to see al their stats gone. You have obtained these by playing for many hours and as you said, it's like losing a beautiful building due to a map corruption/reset. Maybe a way to resolve this is to make a Hall of Fame to memorize all the players that appear in the topkills and topdeaths at this time (if possible). This Hall of Fame can then be displayed somewhere in the KitPvP server spawn, so everybody will still have a memory of all the time they have put into the server.

Still, my point stands and I think it's more logical to reset the stats. New stats will display the skill level of a player more accurately, definitely now the PvP mechanic has been downgraded (or upgraded, however you like to look at it).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • RIP RIP x 1
  6. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    >Let this poll last for a week or so by the way.

7. vosje2

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I will keep this poll up for about a week probably, depending on the amount of votes casted and the amount of votes I'm still expecting to get.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    In my point of view, I don't really see why you would reset the stats just for changing version, it's not like it change something to the game. It's not like you need more skill on 1.9 than on 1.8, yeah you need to time your hit but it's still all about the aim for the skill part like you said. The stat on kitpvp represents your kills, death, kdr, effort, etc... It's not like it's an urge to reset all those stats.

In addition, it's not like it's going to do something big since kitpvp wasn't really popular in the first place.

The only condition I would accept the reset would be to add kits that you get when leveling up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. det483

det483 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +35 / 23
    Please do not reset my stats!

10. GijssiexD

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    Incorrect. If you wanna see all the changes made in Minecraft update 1.9, you can have a look at https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9, where all the details of the 1.9 update have been listed.
    I never said that you needed more of less skill in 1.9 PvP than 1.8 PvP. All I said is that the approach of fighting people in the newer PvP version is very different. Saying that aim is the only skill you need to possess to be good at 1.9 PvP is false. You can have the most perfect aim in the world, but if you just can't get the timing down, you will lose every single fight. This being said, a lot of people never got the hang of the timing, despite having a very good aim. Now the timer is gone, they still don't have a fair chance at getting on the leaderboards, because they have fallen behind too far.
    I really don't get why you added this to your statement. Why would the popularity of the KitPvP server have to do anything with the proposal of resetting the stats? If anything this would be a be another reason to reset the stats, then new players can try to get into the leaderboards, making KitPvP possibly a bit more popular.
    I don't think new kits are needed. The way KitPvP kits are balanced at the moment is just right and adding more kits would just add a whole new level of difficulty to balancing out all the kits, which has been done only recently.

I won't be posting anything more on this thread since I think I made my point clear. Despite all the work other top PvP players have put into their stats, they still agree on resetting the stats on KitPvP, and I still think that this makes the most sense.

11. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +391 / 31
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The fuss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    You don't seem to understand my message, I do know what the 1.9 change, I know that you need timing but it takes like 1 hour and less to learn how to time it. The popularity is to say that it won't affect a lot of players so where is the point of doing.

How to get on the leaderboard 101: just play, you'll catch up to other players easily, and I know what I'm talking about with that because I did it with vintagepvp, after a week of playing more than I was usually doing, I was on the topkills.

And if you add more kit, it would make a bigger difference between vintagepvp

kitpvp: the one who has a lot of different kit
    vintagepvp: remain classic old pvp

13. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +231 / 17
    Hehe I love discussions with proper grammar and spelling and actual arguments :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. GijssiexD

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    I stated that I wouldn't reply anymore, bit since I quite like where this argument is going I might as well just keep it going.

The learning curve is different for everyone. Some might get the hang of it within hours, others may never get the hang of it since they are so used to the older PvP mechanics. Saying that everybody will get the hang of it within one hour is therefore not really correct.

Anyway, by suggesting you do have to learn to time your hits in the newer PvP mechanics, you have admitted that there's a learning curve and that there is a difference in the newer and older PvP mechanics that impact your ability to get kills. What I can conclude from this, is that it would be best to reset the stats, because some players simply haven't invested time in this skillset and have fallen far behind. Now they're represented by stats that might not really represent their skills of 1.8 PvP. This also gives them an unfair disadvantage over players who have invested time in the newer PvP skillsets and are now at the top of the leaderboards, despite the leaderboards basically being based on 1.9 PvP. Therefore your first statement
    would be proven true, but as I stated before:
    A stat reset basically gives a new opportunity to people who haven't invested time in the new 1.9 PvP, but where pretty good at 1.8 PvP.

This could both be used as a pro and a con for resetting the stats. Pro: reset the stats, not a lot players will be affected by it. Con: don't reset the stats, not a lot of players will be affected by it.

Adding more kits to the KitPvP server makes the difference between vintagepvp and KitPvP bigger, but there's already a huge contrast between the two. Mostly older players know this since the vintagepvp has a lot more nostalgic feels attached to it, but also the kits and the way the maps play are completely different. Also, you're still faced with the extra balancing problems, something I'm quite sure of the moderators aren't really interested in at this point in time.

Last edited: 2 November 2017
  15. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    We are kind of saying the same thing each time we reply so let just stop here because that won't help the cause.

16. minercraf111

Ratings:
    +89 / 15
    ^ I don't know how much you can disagree to put that thing that removes you rating points it's just true we are turning around a circle.

17. GijssiexD

Ratings:
    +14 / 6
    First of all, I'm entitled to my own opinion. Secondly, I don't think what we've said is basically the same thing, and that's why I gave you the disagree rating. To this point, every time we reacted to one another new arguments have been brought up. I explained my point of view, and all I did since then was disputing your statements.

What I did in my last message was summarizing the most important arguments that we've stated, to prove the point that some things you said to conflict with each other (by stating that you do need to learn to time your hits, you admitted that you do have to learn some extra tactics transitioning from 1.8 to 1.9 PvP, therefore rendering stats from 1.9 inaccurate for 1.8 PvP). Also stating that we're just turning around a circle is a bad way to reply, it basically suggests that you might be out original arguments.

The second thing I repeated what the fact that adding more kits could lead to very difficult kit management. I repeated this because, in my opinion, your reaction was very weak. You didn't try to think of a solution for the stated problem, something I've done at the very beginning of the argument since you didn't want to lose your stats.
    Discussing the point that you thought I just put up the disagree for your rating points, it's whatever. I'll remove it since you apparently care so much about statistics.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: 3 November 2017
  18. vosje2

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Dear players,

The outcome of this survey was pretty straight forward:
    It's been open for almost 2 weeks now and I do not think a lot will change in the statistics.
    The majority wants the KitPvP stats to get a reset, so that is whats happened.

Yours faithfully,
    Vosje2

• Informative Informative x 2