Update KitPvP Revamp

Discussion in 'News' started by vosje2, Oct 20, 2017.

1. vosje2

vosje2 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Dear players of Hollandcraft,

We created VintagePvP some months ago because our previous KitPvP was such a bummer. VintagePvP was fun to a lot of old players who liked the nostalgic feelings, but the kits weren't very nice to play with. Also, as a staffteam we liked the KitPvP map way more than the VintagePvP one.
    To solve the fact that KitPvP was an entirely dead gamemode, we changed it to 1.8 pvp with 1.8 support and made the kits suited for 1.8 pvp. We hope this will bring KitPvP and Hollandcraft in it's entirety somewhat back up in player counts.

If you experience any bugs or have any suggestions, please tell us so we can take it in consideration.

Yours faithfully,
    The Hollandcraft staffteam

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +210 / 16
    Question not just for me but for everyone wondering this:

Will VintagePvP continue to exist? Or has KitPvP replaced Vintage now that it's 1.8?

3. Mineshadow12345 [Kirito]

Mineshadow12345 [Kirito] Active Member Registered

Ratings:
    +386 / 31
    VintagePvP is fun for not only old players, but new players as well. There are times where vintage is filled with many players, So KitPvP cannot replace VintagePvP that easily. In both kitpvp and vintagepvp, the only issue is hackers as well as the issue of players "trucing/teaming" with players in both gamemodes, as a little solution some agree to do FFA or team on destroying hackers until they leave or get banned, but this does not solve the problem entirely. A solution i have suggested was a gamemode where we are forced to fight another team without any cross teaming so new players can no longer "complain" about this teaming problem as well as bring a huge amount of fun to everyone. I also have to tell you that it seems the environment of a gamemode impacts players, in which where kitpvp's current map seems not appealing to some players even if its appealing to you staff. VintagePvP's map is really appealing to many players from what i can see. Focus on that point too if you can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GijssiexD

GijssiexD New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +7 / 4
    Hello Vosje2,

I like what you've done with the KitPVP. However, by downgrading the PVP system to 1.8 on the KitPVP server, you've defeated the purpose of the VintagePVP server. I think it's time to search for a midway.

In my opinion, both servers have strong and weak features. Try to combine the best of both, and make one KitPVP server with 1.8 PVP.

For example, in my opinion the kits on the KitPVP server are very unique, and I love the idea of EasterEgg Kits which you can use only once every now and then, but I also thing the KitPVP server map lacks personality, something that the VintagePVP map is packed with. The map is filled with great features which allow you to gain an small advantage over your enemies when you're using the right tactics.

On the contrary, the KitPVP map does not offer such features, making it somewhat boring to play the map sometimes. I'm not saying I don't like the map, but I think there's a lot to improve upon.
    Weak features on the VintagePVP server include the unoriginal kits, and a buying system that's almost never used.

Keeping this mindset, I think the HollandCraft team with the help of their own members could make a united and very unique 1.8 KitPVP server. The server will have more people playing on it, since seperate server rates will now be united, and should keep people interested in playing KitPVP. Also attracting new people to KitPVP would be awesome.

Also making regular polls on what the KitPVP server could improve upon would be great! Feedback from the people itself is most important after all.

5. vosje2

vosje2 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm not the person to decide whether KitPvP or VintagePvP should stay. We still need to discuss it.

In the meantime I will try to think of new fun ways to improve the KitPvP map!

Yours faithfully,
    Vosje2

• Like Like x 1
  6. minercraf111

minercraf111 Member Registered

Ratings:
    +88 / 15
    maybe try to make kits that you can perm buy on kitpvp or vintagepvp that will make it different from the other. So it could be kits that are stronger (not really a good idea if there is people who play a lot and get stronger kit than the ones that new player get) or maybe just like abilities that go with a kit.