Hello there, it's me again.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AndrewRed, 13 March 2019.

1. AndrewRed

AndrewRed Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran Registered

Ratings:
    +73 / 3
    Hey there everybody,

This might seem a bit weird, but I came by just to post a message about, well, me. Some might know me as Andrew, "Dr. Andre", "The Admin Andrew" or just about anything else surrounding that picture. I've been on this server for over 5 years I believe, and I have been a Staff Member for a few years as well, which is - so it seems - still in my banner. I have left my position as a Staff Member officially on the 1st of November 2017, yet I had been a bit inactive before that as well. From that point onwards, I have been away from the server at all times, except for sometimes for a quick look or help.

But Andrew, why are you creating this post just now, you might ask? Because I have a feeling that you guys (and girls) have never gotten the right message from my sudden disappearing, and I've never left you all without saying goodbye in a fashioned manner. Seeing the current state of the server and its activity, some Hollandcraft veterans might have already left, but for those who are still around, this is for you.

As said before, November 1st 2017, I've left the Staff Team and with it, Hollandcraft itself. I will be completely honest about why I've left, and without any notice. First off, I was in my last year in middle school and had a rough time with my grades. This was one of the reasons that I also was more inactive from October 2017 onwards. Also, my father was sick for over 5 years already from the disastrous disease called cancer, and we as a family noticed that his condition had worsened so far, that we wanted to put all of our attention on him. In the end, he died on December 9th 2017.

These were the two reasons that I've decided to quit. It was nothing to do with the Staff Team, any players on the server nor the server itself. I noticed that my personal condition was not able to keep up with these three things at a time, so one had to be dropped. If anyone felt shocked or that it was someone personal, it was not.

I've left the server with a golden handshake and thought multiple times about coming back, but today I logged on to the site to find out that almost the whole Staff Team had been let go of. This, including the fact that for some reasons all of my ranks had been dropped, and that the player count has not increased since the release of HCX, made me decide to write this message and completely drop Hollandcraft for me.

Now that I'm studying at a university, I almost have no time to keep up with what happens in the "World of Minecraft", so this is my final message to all my friends on this server. Thank you for the great times, I enjoyed it a lot, and I hope that this message releases some questions that people might have had.

Once again, thank you all, and may we meet again.

- Andrew

• Respect Respect x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. InsanityYT

InsanityYT Member Registered

Ratings:
    +6 / 5
    It's sad to read your thread, but I wish you the best of luck in your life. I still remember that you were a great staff here. When you have a free time, don't hesitate to play or help players here.

3. Martijnde_B

Martijnde_B New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +4 / 4