Update HCX released!

Discussion in 'News' started by LuukDMM, 23 November 2018.

1. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +229 / 17
    Dear players,

It is my great honour to announce that today at 10 AM GMT+1, we have made the next step in Hollandcraft’s evolution:

HCX

What is HCX?

HCX is a major overhaul of the entire Hollandcraft network, both in game and behind the scenes.
    HCX will roll out in multiple phases. Today sees the launch of Phase One. Phase One includes a new lobby, and four revamped game modes, survival, skyblock, creative and skywars. HCX also takes the server to 1.13 We have support for 1.8.x-1.13.x, however we recommend 1.13.2 for the best results.

What’s new in Phase One?

The lobby has had a major refit, delving more into the medieval, rural theme that Hollandcraft was once known for. Instead of server portals, we now use NPC’s to select a server. Also, the new lobby is chock full of Easter Eggs so be sure to have a look around!

For skywars, we turned the nostalgia up to 11! We took an old, beloved lobby, tweaked it so it still looks fresh and added some brand new maps and kits. Good for hours of play time.

Survival has reset as well and here too we went for a more rural look. The end and nether spawns have been removed and the new spawn is now an integral part of the landscape. We also included some neat little easter eggs in the survival spawn! Here are some hints for the 3 best ones:
    • There is a Minecraft legend lurking in the depths... What light source surrounds him?
    • Oh no! It’s flooded! We tried to cut off the source but someone is guarding it... what item is he holding?
    • A citizen left a valuable item in our vault for safekeeping. What’s his name?
    Aside from these, the spawn is littered with fun little secrets and hidden rooms! Please note that 1.13 is recommended to find these Easter Eggs.

For skyblock, we went back to basics. You start off like in the days of old, with an L-shaped island, a lava bucket and some ice blocks. It is up to you to expand and conquer! Included is a gorgeous new spawn, courtesy of our new building team. Try to find as many Easter eggs as you can in this medieval fantasy village.

Creative takes a different approach. Since most of our builds are medieval, for Creative we went all modern and built a small scale Amsterdam spawn. The plot roads now also resemble city roads. Oh, and you can now marry!

So what now?

Since this is only Phase One, this already major overhaul is really just the beginning. We expect to release Phase Two, the PvP update, in early 2019. Phase Two will reintroduce KitPvP and eggwars, among other things.

As for factions and prison, due to lack of interest these game modes have for now been abandoned. But fear not, who knows what the future may hold!

Some notes

Keep in mind that 1.13 is a relatively new version and since it changes a lot of things code-wise, some plugins may still have some bugs. This means we will keep improving the server. Some plugins could not be added right now and have temporarily been replaced by simpler plugins but do not worry, this will all be fixed later on.

Since we removed the minigame ranks, please make a topic in the Minigame rank transfer topic to receive compensation for those who have bought a minigame rank.

We were not very fond of the names Major and King+, so we renamed these ranks to Viceroy and Monarch, respectively.

If any more questions arise, we will be very happy to help! Of course, your suggestions are always welcome!

Kind regards,

LuukDMM, MichelDeStar and the Staff Team

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: 23 November 2018
  2. Tahicraft

Tahicraft Member Registered

Ratings:
    +7 / 7
    wow very good! but, srsly gonna reset Survival mode?

3. PingIsEverything

PingIsEverything New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been a while since I've got on this server. Hope everything'll still be nostalgic for me!

4. Matataby_Cz

Matataby_Cz New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there i have a problem here, i changed my password for three times and when i logging to the server, it kick me out and says "Wrong password!" eventhough the password is correct, please help.

5. martijnpu

martijnpu Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +35 / 1