Important Factions suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LuukDMM, 2 June 2020.

1. MyrJeroen

MyrJeroen New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Maybe genbuckets like on the Archon are an option. You can select what block you want to place horizontally (as a wall). Every block differs in price. The downside of this is that is makes you lazy but it spares you a lot of time. Just an idea

Edit: Ofcourse obsidian should be destroyable so add a durability to them. Maybe also flying in your own faction territory so its easier to make a base etc but this is also just an idea (When there are enemies around you should not be able to fly)..

Last edited: 16 June 2020
  2. Acid_Monkey

Acid_Monkey New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yo what’s up, I’m Acid,

I am not an old player from this server, but I was shown by my friend DIAMONDS_PvP how it used to operate. I have played multiple different servers based around pvp. Including hcf, factions, practice pvp and towny war. I’ve seen and experienced the ups and downs of a variety of different combat systems and mechanics and I would like to give my opinion on the new factions revival here.

As for overall server mechanics I believe Diamonds post here covers it well, though I do believe if TNT cannoning is to be enabled it should be difficult to crack through obsidian with it. More so than usual factions.

My only other concerns would be the enabling of strength II potions and god apples. While I personally think it would be easiest to just remove god apples entirely, it would also be a good idea to nerf them. Vanilla gapples make people practically unkillable and turns combat into a grind fest for who can obtain the most gapples. The amount of nerf the gapple should have is going to be dependent on whether strength II is going to be enabled. With strength it will require less nerfing, and without it will require more. I can go into more depth on the different values a golden apple should have based on strength II or no strength if needed. And if gapples are decided to be made uncraftable, strength should be nerfed. This allows combat to be more accessible for people who aren’t as good at pvp. With vanilla strength II it becomes very easy to quickdrop people.

I think that this server has a lot of potential. If gapples are well balanced I’m definitely going to be playing, and I will bring a lot of friends to play as well :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. RuudSchmitz

RuudSchmitz Member Registered

Ratings:
    +23 / 22
    did people actually suggest factions without tnt ? smh. You should keep it ballanced though. Do not allow printer and schematica. That will get you 255 stackers and nukers that will blow 200 walls in 20 minutes and cost only 20 minutes to build. securing your base will be useless that way. Especially with a good cannonjar that would allow like 1 or 2 second cannons with no lag....

A grace period is abolutely neccecary if you enable tnt and cannoning. If you have a season length in mind idk. But building a decent base will take a few days, with gen buckets at least 1 day, without gen buckets considerably longer. So adapt your grace period to that.

if you want good pvp, you need 1.8. 1.8 has gapples. If you disable the gapples, disable the potions. no gables, but stength 2 potions thath can be brewn i like 1 hit kills all the time. I don't think that is the pvp you want to have.

Considder mcmmo maybe ? idk if that is suggested, but it gives people something to do when there is no enemy to take apart :) lots of stuff to train for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +274 / 19
    A small update from Team Factions.

Of course, all of your suggestions have been or will be taken into serious consideration. We cannot grant all of your suggestions, since some are polar opposites, but we try to find a solution that pleases everyone.

You may have heard that Minecraft version 1.16 will be releasing on the 23d of June. Because of the significant changes this version entails, we have decided to release factions on 1.16 instead of releasing on 1.15 and updating later. This is because we want our players to be able to profit from the amazing new features right away.

To allow for this extra work, we are delaying the release date by two weeks. Factions will now be released in late July.

I thank you all for your suggestions and by all means, keep 'em coming!

See you in late July... :D

5. Acid_Monkey

Acid_Monkey New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Will factions be native 1.8? The combat will suffer tremendously if it’s based in any version past 1.8.9.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gijssiemanskie

Gijssiemanskie Creator Staff Member Creator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You will be able to join from 1.8 all the way up to 1.16.

7. LuukDMM

LuukDMM Admin Staff Member Admin

Ratings:
    +274 / 19
    The server will be running on 1.16, though.

8. _Undefined

_Undefined New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Can u give an exact date?

9. _Undefined

_Undefined New Member Registered

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I suggest releasing on a sunday

10. ShadowNobility

ShadowNobility Hollandcraft Veteran Veteran Registered